When boys and girls join Scouts, they make the Scout promise.
The Scout Promise
On my honour, I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and to the Queen,
To help other people
And to keep the Scout Law
Scouting is available to people of all faiths as well as people who are humanist, atheist or have no affirmed faith so there are a number of different version of the promise that can be made by a Scout – there’s more information on this here.
The Scout Law
- A Scout is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout is friendly and considerate.
- A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
- A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
- A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
- A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.